May – I’d Rather Be With You

[soundcloud url=”http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/94884525″ params=”” width=” 100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]

Ah, it’s summer time.  It’s time for swimsuits, beach chairs and sitting in the sand with your feet just touching the cool water.  Who cares if the ocasional wave soaks your copy of People magazine?  This is what you’ve been waiting for all year long.  Everything is so close to being perfect; there’s just one little thing missing.

Perfect summer days need the perfect summer song.  A tune you can whistle while you pack the towels and sun-screen.  Something you can hum while you fill the tank with gas.  You know the type: catchy, upbeat, and fun.  And everyone, even the cranky dude stuck behind you in traffic, knows it.

Well, here’s that song.  Just in time to make everything grand.  Listen to it a few times (once should be enough to get the melody, but you can download it and listen as much as you please) and then send the link to your pals [hint hint], so they can listen and pass the link to their pals.  Soon enough, even the cranky dude in traffic will the get the link and start whistling along.

equation

The thing about perfect summer days, though, is that it’s not about the beach, or the sunshine, or the cool water at your feet.  It’s about the people that you’re with.  It’s about spending time with the people you love.  When you do that, just about any day can be perfect.  Even rainy days with sustained winds of over 158 miles per hour.  And that’s what this song is all about.  I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed writing and recording it.  Have a great June!

p.s. My ukulele finally got a little counter melody to play!

uku_in_window

p.p.s. June first marks the start of the Atlantic hurricane season!  So get your maps out and start tracking the storms!

p.p.p.s.  If you want to play this at home, here’s the chart!

15 thoughts on “May – I’d Rather Be With You

1. Josh says:

The download feature is more complicated than I would like it to be. This link takes you to the soundcloud page: https://soundcloud.com/joshuastarmer/id-rather-be-with-you There you’ll see a little button with an arrow pointing down. Click on that button.

2. Great song! Love it the best.

1. Josh says:

I’m so glad! Each month is a new challenge!

3. Geoffrey says:

As memorial day weekend displayed in full form…who you travel with can make the journey and colorify the memories.

1. Josh says:

That was an awesome trip! Can’t wait to see you in July!

4. Aline says:

Absolutely awesome Josh! An especially great song to detox to….. Miss you guys. We should have grabbed Jason M’s email to pass this along.

1. Josh says:

Glad you like the tune!

5. Yunjung says:

Wow! Your music and voice really make me want to leave for a beach.

1. Josh says:

Hopefully you can take a vacation sometime soon!

1. Josh says:

I’m so glad you like it!

6. Fletcher says:

Another great song Josh. Love the build of this one. I can never figure out how people can whistle in songs. I can whistle, but once it comes to laying it down on a track or live- forget it. When does the full length come out?

1. Josh says:

Glad you like it! The trick to whistling live or to tape is to whistle somewhat perpendicular to the microphone. If you whistle right into the mic, you’ll get tons of wind and breath noise and it won’t sound natural at all.

And I’ll keep you posted on the full length! Maybe closer to the end of the year I’ll have a firmer plan of what to do with all these tunes.

7. nancy edwards says:

Another lovely meolody. Filled with love and spring……even hurricanes, which we can all do with-out! Glad you are settling in and hanging a few of my giclee prints! Sounds like you are both having a wonderful life!! xo Nancy

1. Josh says:

Thanks so much! And your prints are wonderful!